Friday, November 27, 2009

17 Down... (AKA "Whew!")

Done.  Finis.  Terminado.  Nada mas.  That's all she wrote...and I am SOOO glad.  Had my final treatment today at 9:00 AM, and nearly FLOATED out of Huntsman- walking on a cloud!  Although I am grateful to the team who treated me- Dr. Million, Ruth, Karen, Debbie, Derek, Amy and Glenn, I told them very kindly today that I hoped they never saw me again.  They returned the thought- wink, wink.

So now it's time to focus on feeling better, getting my energy back and this fatigue gone, and getting my stomach back to normal.  I went 100% on workouts- took an early workout for today's treatment by doing 42 miles on my road bike yesterday morning.  What's better is that I did it with 15 of my best friends and compatriots- some of the fine gentlemen of the Bountiful Mazda Bountiful Bicycle Club.  Special thanks to Larry Peterson for putting it all together- see the invite on our Club website here: http://www.bmbbc.com/.

A picture of the group is posted below for your viewing pleasure [Photo credits go to Jeff Warren for being smart enough to bring the camera, and to Steve Clinger for selflessly taking the picture.]  This is a group of HARDCORE riders who were willing to get out of bed and ride from ~8:30 till 11:30 on a cold Thanksgiving morning when they certainly could have been home in the warmth, and probably put their families off a bit as they supported a VERY thankful friend and colleague.  Gents- I can't tell you how much I appreciate EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU- brotherly love going out to all of you!  You're a class bunch o' guys, and I am honored to ride with you now and in the future.  THANKS!

Will wrap up with two quotes my dear Mother shared with me in a card received yesterday.

From 5-time Tour de France Champion Eddy Merckx:
"There are too many factors you have to take into account that you have no control over...the most important factor you can keep in your own hands is yourself.  I always placed the greatest emphasis on that."

Jewish Proverb:
"I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders."

That's it for now.  Will probably post after meeting with Dr. Million in mid-December, and then as new info comes in, and then probably not until Jan. 19 when I have my next PET scan and my appointment with Dr. Glenn.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

Love,

Todd

Club riders pictured below as follows:
Steve Clinger (behind the camera)

Allan Johnson
Mike Petroff
Dr. Dan Sellers
So sorry- don't know his name
Jeff Warren
Todd Smith
Handy
Dan Kadrmas
Larry Peterson
Loren Roundy
Mark Sykes
Jason (sorry, don't know last name)
Mark Esplin
Dave Bell



No comments:

Post a Comment