Wednesday, November 4, 2009

1 Down, 16 To Go!

OK, simulation and treatment #1 complete!  It's been about 3 hours, and no nausea yet, so that's a GOOD THING.  Took my Zofran- it's got a kind of "fruity" taste to it.  Place it under the tongue and let it dissolve- that's it.  30 minutes prior, so I took it as I left work, and hope that it will save me from yakking each time.

So, this is the only time when I'll do this whole simulation and a treatment, and then from here on out we'll just do treatments.  The simulation entails drawing all over my abdomen and groin with a marker, then ensuring via x-ray that the field that will be radiated matches the area drawn up, and that all will work out correctly.  I hadn't caught this when we got the info from our nurse, nor had Lisa, but they actually radiate from the back (two times) and then from the front (two times).  The total amount of time that those four "beamings" are going on can't be more than 2 or 3 minutes, and that's it.

One really cool thing, especially for those who know how much of a music buff I am, was that as they had me all set and ready to go, the tech said "Hey, we need to get some music on for you."  So, she asked me what kind of music I like, I told her all kinds, she said be more specific, I told her let's go with rock, she said name a band, I said "How about Collective Soul."  So, she says "I love them, I've got them right here on my iPod."  So, all of this then gets a nice Collective Soul soundtrack to it- kinda fun.

So, now I'm at home, need to eat something, and I actually feel the opposite of fatigued.  I'm kinda bouncing off the walls- I think it's because we finally are making some progress, and I'm kinda jazzed.  I'm sure after session 13, 14, 15, etc. I'll probably be tired, but tonight I'm feeling good, am very upbeat and ready to take lymphoma on, and happy that all is well in my life.

Stay tuned...it's sure to get better sometime soon!

Handy...out!

No comments:

Post a Comment