Sunday, June 14, 2015

670 miles and many reasons to ride...

Let's do this!  The Ride From Reno 2015 kicks off tomorrow morning at 7:00 from the Reno arch.  We'll have 17 riders who will pedal every stroke from Reno tomorrow to Huntsman Cancer Hospital on Saturday.  670 miles.  2 states.  25K+ of vertical climb.  Lots and lots and LOTS of carbs. And, one big focus on kicking cancer to the curb.

You see, it's personal for me.  I was diagnosed with cancer in 2009.  My Mom was diagnosed in 2008.  My Grandma fought cancer a couple of times, and ultimately it's what took her life (that, and she was 99 years old!).  So, yeah, I'm a cyclist.  This is an incredible training ride.  Many of those I ride with are lifelong friends, and others are new but will become friends, as well.  But, this isn't about the ride (well, not JUST about it).  It's about the opportunity to raise awareness of cancer treatment, statistics and funding.  It's about the opportunity to raise funds to help fight this disease.  To seek out more tolerable, humane treatment and find a way to fund and find hope.

So, follow along as we travel from Reno to SLC.  I'll be posting, blogging and sharing via social media.  And, if you feel you could make a donation, no matter the size, please feel free to do so at http://lotoja.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1132346&supid=306528814

We're $1K into my $5K goal for fundraising this year, so anything you can do will be appreciated.

Much love...

Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment